To accompany her guest post on Cooking – Before and After Kids Rachel from Dinky Thinks has also shared a yummy looking recipe with us too.
This is a perfect dinner for when your other half / kids are out and you want a quick one pot supper. The recipe below serves 1 but can easily be scaled up for however many you want to serve.
1 chicken breast fillet
2 garlic cloves – minced
1 red onion – sliced chunky
6 slices of Chorizo (I used Tesco Finest)
½ Courgette – chopped chunky
¼ Aubergine – chopped chunky
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp red pepper paste
Drizzle of olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas 5 / 190*C (180*C for fan ovens)
2. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium to high heat.
3. Add the garlic, onions and chorizo and vegetables and stir through the herbs and red pepper paste.
4. Place the chicken in the pan and fry for 2 minutes on each side to brown.
5. Add all ingredients to a baking tray drizzled with olive oil.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
I had mine with leftover cauliflower cheese but I bet it’d be yummy with some rice.
Hope you liked this recipe – you can find more of Rachel’s recipes on her blog.