Me and Lissy are full of cold today and feeling pretty rubbish after a bad nights sleep. So to cheer us up I decided to make some super easy rice krispie buns.
These are great for making with kids as nothing gets too hot.
I make mine in the microwave and they are great as you just need the one bowl so there’s hardly any mess. Makes 12 (OK maybe a couple more but I had to give allowance for eating some of the mix straight from the bowl – don’t judge me).
100g Chocolate Bar (I used 36p Aldi chocolate that is actually really yummy!)
100g golden syrup
80g Rice Krispies
12 bun cases
1. Break up and melt the chocolate bar in a large bowl in the microwave. Microwave it in short bursts to ensure it doesn’t burn. You can also do this in a saucepan if you like.
2. Add 100g golden syrup (I just add around the same amount as the chocolate by sight).
3. Microwave for another 10 seconds with the syrup added.
4. Add around 80g of rice krispies and mix it all together well.
5. Spoon into bun cases and leave in the fridge to set (takes around an hour – I know, its painful to wait that long!).
- Add some crushed biscuits / dried fruit / mini marshmallows for a rocky road style treat.
- Instead of bun cases spoon into a cake tin and compact down, then top with a drizzle of white chocolate – yum!
Do you have any other variations that are worth trying?