This recipe only takes about 5 or 10 minutes to throw together and only uses one bowl! These are quite mild – not too banana-ey and strong tasting and really lovely and soft.
The milk seems to make them more like a banana fairy cake than a muffin, so they are great for kids. I love one of these in a morning with a cup of coffee 🙂
150g caster sugar
Few drops vanilla extract
2-3 over-ripe bananas
190g self raising flour
12 muffin cases
1) Preheat oven to 190* (180* for fan oven).
2) Heat the butter and sugar in the microwave or a saucepan until melted (approximately 30 seconds to a minute in the micro for me).
3) Add a few drops of vanilla extract.
4) Mash the bananas and add to the mix.
5) Add the egg to the mix and mix well.
6) Stir in the flour and the milk.
7) Mix well and then share between 12 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
8) Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. Poke a skewer through the middle, if it comes out clean its done 🙂
- Add a sprinkling of demerara sugar before baking for a crunchy topping.
- Add some chopped walnuts to the mix
- Add some chocolate chips (white chocolate are lovely in this recipe!)