These homemade oat biscuits are so quick to make, and absolutely delicious. The golden syrup gives them a gorgeous flavour . you can cook them a minute or two less less for a slightly soft middle or the full time for very crunchy biscuits.
Lately I have been really trying to make my own snacks and biscuits rather than buying packets from the supermarket. I saw this recipe on Netmums and these are now my go to recipe for when we have people coming over, or we just want a quick snack.
Once you have made them a few times it really only take 5 minutes to get these in the oven.
75g (3oz) plain flour
1/2 a level tsp bicarbonate of soda
75g (3oz) demerara sugar
75g (3oz) porridge oats
75g (3oz) of butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
1. Melt the butter in a pan (or in the microwave) with a tablespoon of golden syrup.
2. Add the sugar and oats, flour and bicarb and mix it all together.
3. Roll into small balls (you should have about 16 for larger biscuits or 24 small ones, you could even make ever large for cookie sized biscuits).
4. Set them well apart on a greased baking tray, flatten them with them palm of your hand and bake at gas mark 3/ 160*C for 7 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven, until golden brown. I find about 8 minutes is perfect for mine.
5. Allow to cool completely on baking tray. They will feel really squidgy when they come out of the oven but I promise they harden up to yummy biscuits!
Hope you enjoy, L x