Mars bar rice krispie squares are one of my absolute favourite sweet treats. I love normal chocolate rice krispie cakes but making them with Mars bars makes them even more yummy as they so gorgeously gooey and sweet. You can’t beat a good no-bake recipe for a quick and easy treat!
You can make this as a traybake and cut into squares like I have done, or alternatively you could put a spoonful of the mix into a bun case for individual cakes / buns.
- 3 x normal size (58g) Mars bars
- 85g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Rice Krispies (enough to coat)
1) Chop the mars bars up and add to a microwaveable bowl with the butter and the syrup (add to a pan if you wish to melt on hob rather than in microwave).
2) Melt in the microwave in short bursts, or on the hob over a low heat, stirring regularly until the mars bars have melted. The bougat layer takes the longest and don’t worry if it isn’t 100% smooth at the end.
3) Stir in enough rice krispies that the mix coats it nicely. Try adding just a few handfuls at first and stirring then keep adding more. You don’t want to add too many or it won’t stick together.
4) Squash the mixture into a lined dish and leave to set.
5) When set cut into squares and serve 🙂
- Top with 200g melted chocolate and leave to set for a lovely chocolate layer on top.
- To make them extra pretty after topping with milk chocolate, then melt and extra 50g white chocolate and drizzle it all over the top.