This crunchie cake / slice is a really easy fridge cake. It is great to make with kids – even my 21 month old loves helping smash the biscuits up.
My no-bake malteser cake went so quickly last week that I decided had a go at another no-bake, this time with the honeycomb goodness that is Crunchie 🙂
- 100g butter
- 200g milk chocolate (I used Cadbury’s Dairy Milk)
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 225g Cadbury’s Crunchie (This is about 5 and a half standard size bars – the other half can be eaten while making!)
1. Add the butter, syrup and milk chocolate (broken into chunks) to a microwavable dish. (or a pan on the hob if you don’t want to use the microwave).
2. Add the biscuits to a freezer bag and smash with a rolling pin until they are fine crumbs.
3. Melt the chocolate, butter and syrup in short bursts in the microwave (or over a low heat on the hob) until fully melted. Try not to let it get too hot.
4. Add the biscuit crumbs to the chocolate and mix well.
5. Put the crunchie bars in a freezer bag and bash them until they are in rough chunky pieces. Mix gently into the chocolate mix.
6. Squash the mix into a baking tin lined with baking paper (approx 9 x 7inch or equivalent). Compact it down well.
7. Pop in the fridge for a few hours to set. Remove from baking tray and and slice into squares.
Try not to eat it all at once! L x