This is the kind of meal I would eat every night if I could! Simple, tasty and so easy to make.
I am a pasta-holic and love to try different flavour combinations in sauces – this is one of my favourites.
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Splash of white wine (optional)
- 4 rashers of bacon (fat removed)
- 300g pasta of your choice
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Put the pasta in a large saucepan of salty boiling water. Cook according to packet instructions (usually about 12 mins which gives you just enough time to make the sauce…)
- Chop up the red onion into thin slices, finely chop the garlic, and snip the bacon into little pieces.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a splash of white wine here, if using.
- Add the bacon and cook, stirring regularly, for about 4 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and the onions are turning translucent.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, stir together and cook for a further 4/5 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan of sauce.
- Stir well to combine and serve!