I really like to try and recreate our favourite takeaway meals at home and have been trying out lots of new recipes to share with you.
This popcorn style chicken is a real treat for us, it is so yummy that it only ever lasts a few minutes! My toddler doesn’t like chicken and even she will eat loads of this – that is how good it is!
Below is just a guide, you can add any other spices you like too, like chilli powder or cajun spice if you like it hot. You can also go easier on the salt too if you like but it does make it really tasty!
- 120g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- Olive (or other) oil
1. Chop your chicken breasts into really small chunks.
2. Mix the flour with the salt and peppers in one bowl.
3. Crack your eggs into another bowl and beat them together.
4. Dip your chicken pieces into flour, then egg, then flour again.
5. Heat about half an inch of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, drop the floured chicken pieces in. You may need to do this in two batches.
6. When the chicken has browned on one side flip it over to cook the other side.
7. When the chicken is golden brown all over remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with kitchen roll. This will absorb any excess oil.
Enjoy and let me know what you think!