I am so excited to share this recipe as it is one of the nicest meals we have had in a really long time!
The old favourites sausages and baked beans make this really easy casserole / bake popular with kids and adults alike.
It is really easy to make as it is juts a bung it in the oven kind of job, and there is only one pan to wash up – that is what we like!
6 Sausages (less or more depending on how many you want to serve)
1 tin baked beans
2 red onions, chopped into rough chunks
300ml beef stock
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
A handful of mushrooms, sliced
Half a teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon plain flour
1) Preheat the oven to 210* (fan 200*). Add a good glug of olive oil to a casserole dish, then add the sausages, chopped up onion, garlic and thyme.
2) Bung the dish in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the sausages are browned.
3) Make up 300ml of beef stock, stir in a tablespoon of flour and then add the tin of baked beans and mix together.
4) When the sausages are browned, add the stock and bean mix and the sliced mushrooms and bung back in the oven for another half an hour.
5) Remove from the oven and serve. We had ours with homemade potato wedges, but you could just serve this with chunks of fresh baguette. Yum!