It feels ages since I have posted a recipe as I am in real prepare-for-baby mode at the moment! I have still been cooking though and this recipe is one of my absolute favourites.
I just love apple and cinnamon muffins. I think they are the perfect treat with a cup of coffee in a morning.
I find this recipe is perfect, they are super moist but not overly sweet as to be sickly. Its a great recipe as it you just need a cup to measure your ingredients and it can all be done in one bowl with v. little messing around. I like my apple muffins with grated apple, but you can chop it finely if you prefer chunkier pieces.
Makes approx. 12 muffins.
150g plain flour
80g brown or golden sugar
80g caster sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
85g butter, melted
120g peeled and grated cooking apples (the sour green ones). I have also tried this with normal apples and they are still fab.
12 muffin cases
1) Preheat oven to 190* (180* for fan oven).
2) In a big mixing bowl, add the flour, sugars, baking powder and cinammon and mix.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients and stir it all together well.
4) Spoon the batter into muffin cases in a muffin tin.
5) Bake for 16-20 mins or until lightly browned on top. (you can poke a skewer through the middle and see if it comes out clean to check if they are done).