Eton Mess has to be the most simple dessert to make ever! It is a classic English dessert, has only 3 ingredients, and takes less than 5 minutes to throw together. Simply served in a nice glass it looks fab too.
Next time we have guests round for dinner I will definitely be making this.
500g strawberries (hulled)
400ml double cream
4 ready made meringue nests
1. Chop up half of the strawberries – you can leave them fairly small or chunkier if you prefer. I left them quite large this time but will make them smaller when I make this again as I think it’d be easier to eat!
2. Blend the other half of the strawberries into a puree.
3. Crush the meringue nests.
4. Whip the cream with a whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
5, Mix the meringue and strawberry puree into the cream.
6. Layer up in chilled wine glasses with the chopped strawberries.
- Switch some strawberries for other berries such as raspberries.